- How to run your own Instance of JustAPotato
- Don't forget to read the LICENSE file supplied with the repo!
- 1. Clone/DL the GitHub repo
- Visit the repo here and click the green "Clone or download" button and either clone it or download it (downloading is better)
- 2. Unzip the archive
- Use a tool as WinRar or 7Zip
- 3. Install NodeJS
- I have 8.x
- 4. Open command line and enter
- This should install all packages listed in package and/or package-lock.json and will create a folder named node_modules
- 5. Open botconfig.json
- Here you will change the prefix and token to your token (unless you are going to make your code public! You should never share your token with anyone!
- Note: I have my bot hosted on Heroku (as of now) and so, I have instead of referencing botconfig.token, I put there process.env.BOT_TKN, so no one can see the token! If you are going to use the bot token from config, change
- 6. Do any changes to the code you want
- Add, remove or edit. Some commands and things in index.js should be edited
- 7. Go to command line and type
- This should start your bot, and you should see it online!
- And that's it!